The Global Goals are 17 goals that world leaders signed onto at the United Nations to collaboratively work towards real issues like ending hunger, poverty, gender inequality, and environmental degradation. These goals are important for both developed and developing countries to make real changes in their countries, but they need the help of young people to make sure that people know about these goals and to get started on rolling them out! You can be a part of this important process.
Technology and innovation are key drivers that can help to make large and sustainable impact that last. Which is why Verizon has teamed up with WAGGGS to create this grant for Girl Scouts/Guides to come up with creative solutions to bringing the Global Goals to your community! Winners will receive a $3000 grant to execute the project.
- Relevance: How is this relevant to the Global Goals and girls' lives in your community?
- Innovation: Is your idea a new one?
- Effectiveness: How effective would your idea be in creating change?
- Impact: What is the impact your project could have on your community?
- Sustainability: How will your project be able to continue to have an impact once it's set up?