Read more about the campaign here: http://www.unwomen.org/~/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/what%20we%20do/orange_the_world2015_unite_toolkit.pdf
Take Action in Your Troop
More info about and download the backpack here: https://www.wagggs.org/en/what-we-do/stop-the-violence/get-involved/raise-awareness/16-days-activism/16-days-activism-2015/
Take Action in Your CommunityTake the UN's call to action to "Orange Your World"! Here are a few ideas from the UN Women Toolkit:
- Light and decorate in orange your country, city, or communities’ iconic buildings, landmarks and statues.
- Make orange advertising spaces on billboards, screens or in magazines to spread the message.
- Organize an orange march through the centre of your city, town or village and declare the space an ‘orange zone’.
- Organize orange marathons, flash mobs, dance parties, or bicycle rides. Find out from your local authorities whether there is a space you could arrange to be decorated with orange graffiti and messages!
- Find out what relevant meetings or conferences are taking place in your country during the 16 Days of Activism and invite the organizers to orange the meeting spaces and dedicate an item in the agenda to a discussion about violence against women and girls.
- For more inspiration, look back at how we oranged our neighbourhoods last year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/unwomen/sets/72157649322853638/
- This #OrangeDay we're preparing for 16Days of Activism 25Nov-10Dec. What will you do to #OrangetheWorld? http://bit.ly/1zU9QUJ @SayNO_UNiTE
- Happy #OrangeDay! How will you mark the 16 Days of Activism 25Nov-10Dec? Time to start planning! http://bit.ly/1zU9QUJ @SayNO_UNiTE
- Will your village, town or city go orange to support an end to #VAW for 25Nov-10Dec? It’s time to start planning! http://bit.ly/1zU9QUJ
- Calling on youth! Last #OrangeDay you spoke out against #VAW&girls. Now it’s time to start planning to #OrangeTheWorld http://bit.ly/1zU9QUJ
- From 25 November to 10 December, the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, the UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women will “Orange the World” to raise awareness and inspire action on the issue. This #OrangeDay, find out how you, your organization and your community can start organizing to be a part of this global campaign. http://bit.ly/1zU9QUJ
- Calling on youth! Last #OrangeDay, your voices were heard all over the world speaking out against gender-based violence. This month, the UN Secretary-General’s campaign UNiTE to End Violence against Women calls on you to start planning how you, your organization and your community will help to “Orange the World” during the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, 25 November to 10 December. Check out the UNiTE campaign’s toolkit and organize a planning discussion in your community. http://bit.ly/1zU9QUJ